Urbanist is a show run by Ariel Viera that explores the places you won’t find in the guidebooks and the history you won’t find in the textbooks. Live-Videos are every Wednesday and Saturday 1:00pm EST.
Want to partner up with us? Check out our media kit.
Hello! I’ m Ariel and I’m the founder, video producer, host, and photographer of Urbanist. I’ve built communities and created content for Gawker Media, Vox Media, Foursquare, and Museum Hack. Now I’ m combining my three passions in life— filmmaking, urban exploration, and history— in order to provide the most unique experiences found on live video right now. All of my content is meticulously researched and I take great care in cultivating the most curious and engaged community. Also, I’m fluent in Spanish.
My experience is in the crossroads of social media, community, and video. I’ve built communities and created content for Gawker Media, Vox Media, Foursquare, and Museum Hack. For the four years, I’ve been running Urbanist and so far we’ve acquire 58,000 followers and over 10 million video views on Facebook + YouTube.
WHAT DO I COVER?
Urbanist goes live at twice per week or more. Here’s 5 of our Facebook Live shows:
- Historical Tours – this is our main show where we cover the history, culture, and hidden gems of neighborhoods and landmarks!
- Wanderings – spontaneous walks exploring a city. Sometimes we need some spontaneity in our lives.
- Urban Boutique – exploring the most unique shops, hotels, and markets and their backstories.
- Foodist – uncovering the best food and drinks, and the people who make them.
- City Hustle – exploring interesting companies, organizations, and people.