We provide an experience of vicariously exploring a city unlike anything else out there. Our mediums of choice are Facebook Live, 360 video, video guides, and photography. The Urbanist community is loyal, addicted, and multiplying fast. From urban explorers to seasoned travelers, our community is yearning to learn about the best places to eat, drink, see, and shop.
Want to partner up with us? Check out our media kit.
Hello! I’ m Ariel and I’m the founder, video producer, host, and photographer of Urbanist. I’ve built communities and created content for Gawker Media, Vox Media, Foursquare, and Museum Hack. Now I’ m combining my three passions in life— filmmaking, urban exploration, and history— in order to provide the most unique experiences found on live video right now. All of my content is meticulously researched and I take great care in cultivating the most curious and engaged community. Also, I’m fluent in Spanish.
My experience is in the crossroads of social media, community, and video. I’ve built communities and created content for Gawker Media, Vox Media, Foursquare, and Museum Hack. For the past year, I’ve been running Urbanist and so far we’ve acquire 21,000 followers and over 3.5 million video views. After 150+ live streams, I realized that I want to help others tell their stories on live video and social media overall. Because everyone—may they be a brand, business, or individual—has a unique story to tell that will provide value to a larger audience.
WHAT DO I COVER?
Urbanist goes live 4-6 times per week. Here’s 5 of our Facebook Live shows:
- Historical Tours – this is our main show where we cover the history, culture, and hidden gems of neighborhoods and landmarks!
- Wanderings – spontaneous walks exploring a city. Sometimes we need some spontaneity in our lives.
- Urban Boutique – exploring the most unique shops, hotels, and markets and their backstories.
- Foodist – uncovering the best food and drinks, and the people who make them.
- City Hustle – exploring interesting companies, organizations, and people.